It's not possible since the parent pom.xml may have been resolved from
the repository.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Trudeau [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 5:52 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: What is the directory of the parent pom.xml file?

I am currently trying to copy, using the maven-dependency-plugin, all my
dependencies from all my child modules into a directory relative to the
root parent folder (the one containing the root pom.xml file). Since
copy-dependencies command, invoked from the parent pom, is recursive, it
looks like I cannot specify the root pom folder as ${basedir} since this
value is different for each project!

Is there a way to know the absolute value (directory) of the root parent
folder?

How do you reference a directory relative to the root folder of a multi
module project in maven?

|-----A
|-----B
|-----...