Is there any way of combining the multiple steps of creating an archetype
from a project so that the archetype is automatically installed/deployed to
the repository.

The website suggests the following to create and install a new archetype:-

  $ mvn archetype:create-from-project
  $ cd target/generated-sources/archetype/
  $ mvn install

I would like to keep an example project in our code repository alongside our
framework code.  When the whole project is built it would be good if Maven
were to create an archetype from the example and then install that archetype
artifact into the m2 repository.  That is, to combine the three commands
listed above into one.

Any ideas, or have I missed the point.

Regards

Robert Matthews