I'll look into it, but do you happen to have a full-scale test project you could use to file a JIRA issue? It would be simplest if I have something that's supposed to "just work" that I can run in the debugger to figure out where it's coming up with the null.

I'll see what I can do with this information in any case.

Thanks,

-john

Anders Hammar wrote:
Also tried the 1.0-alpha-5 version of the cargo maven2 plugin (with mvn
2.0.10-RC9). Same problem.

/Anders

Anders Hammar wrote:
Hi,

I've run into a problem with this rc. When using the
org.codehaus.cargo:cargo-maven2-plugin:0.3.1 plugin (the start goal), it
can't retrieve my JBOSS_HOME env. It works with mvn 2.0.8 and 2.0.9, but
with 2.0.10-RC9 the plugin gets 'null' for some reason.

Here's my plugin configuration from my pom:
<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
  <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
    <wait>false</wait>
    <container>
      <containerId>jboss4x</containerId>
      <home>${JBOSS_HOME}</home>
    </container>
    <configuration>
      <type>existing</type>
      <home>${JBOSS_HOME}/server/${jboss.server.conf}</home> <!-- this
doesn't work! -->
      <properties>
<cargo.jboss.configuration>${jboss.server.conf}</cargo.jboss.configuration>
      </properties>
    </configuration>
  </configuration>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <id>start-jboss</id>
      <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
      <goals>
        <goal>start</goal>
      </goals>
    </execution>
  </executions>
</plugin>

/Anders

John Casey-5 wrote:
Hi everyone,

As you're probably aware, we've been working for some time to stabilize Maven for the 2.0.10 release. After quite a bit of testing in the development community - and 8 release candidates - it looks like we finally have a candidate that is free of regressions and stable. You can download it here:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC9/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC9

While it does seem that all of our builds are happy with the new release candidate, we'd like to get your feedback on it before we finalize things. This will help us respond to any regressions or critical issues we may have missed BEFORE we do the release, instead of having to put up with major flaws for another release cycle.

Please, if you have the time, take 2.0.10-RC9 for a spin and tell us what you think!

Thanks,

-john

P.S. To see the list of issues that were closed for this release (so far), check out:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&styleName=Html&version=14112

--
John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)