I've used the build helper plugin for this in the past:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html

Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Carter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 3:39 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Deploying a file in deploy phase that was not the pom's main
packaging

We have an exec in one of our builds that produces an .exe file.  Of
course this is not the main packaging for the pom and is not included in
the standard deploy phase.  I am aware you can use the
deploy:deploy-file goal from the command line and see those examples.
My question is if there is a way to configure the deploy:deploy-file
goal into the pom and pick up this behavior to deploy our .exe as part
of the standard deploy phase or by just adding deploy:deploy-file to the
command line and having the parameters stored in the pom.

An example of this would be really helpful.

Thanks