Hi, i m new to maven and have been asked to set up new development
environment in my office. Mine is a small office of 8-10 developers. Till
now we have CVS on one of remote servers and app servers(TOMCAT 5.x) running
on individual developer machine. we use Eclipse 3.3 as Java IDE. Al the
developers commit their work respective works from their machines and we
create WAR file of the application manually through ANT using build.xml
file. Our application is a non-EJB application with the following folder
structure.

myApplication
|-- CSS(folder)
|-- images
|-- java scripts(folder)
|-- JSP(folder)
|-- WEB_INF(folder)
|    |-- classes
|    |-- lib
|    |-- src
|    |  |-- com
|    |      |-- companyName
|    |          |-- applicationName
|    |              |-- Java files in their respective folders
|    |
|    |
|    |--struts-config.xml

|--build.xm
|--build.properties

In the new development environment, we need CVS on a remote server, and
Maven doing the ANT thing automatically on week-ends. We need Maven to
compile our project and package it to WAR file and deploy it at a specific
location on the server.

I have been reading Maven 2.0.9 documentation and other helping material
from last 3-4 days, but couldn't figure out how to use it practically. Where
to put my applications JAVA files, lib folder, JSP's, etc.

Please help.