Hi,

I thought Tim's reply didn't need any addition, but it seems that even the
documentation is still not clear enough (multiple people did a lot of work on
it, though...).
Let's try to understand your problem, then improve the doc.

Perhaps 2 examples will help us to understand each other.

1. Maven Ant Tasks have a sample.build.xml [2] to unit-test the components
features
As stated before, Maven Ant Tasks are not meant to really *build* a project,
but only get dependencies. So you won't see in this example anything really
building: only getting dependencies in multiple forms, installing an artifact
into local repository and deploying to a remote repo (how the artifact
installed/deployed is really build is not shown, since once again, it's not
the purpose of the tasks)

2. Maven itself can be bootstrapped using Maven Ant Tasks: see build.xml in
Maven Core sources [3]
This time, this is really a project (Maven Core) built by Ant, getting its
multiple dependencies with Maven Ant Tasks: seems to be what you want to do
with your project.
As you can see in the build file, most content is about building a specific
project: there is only a little part that is about getting dependencies, ie
the "pull" target (with its depends).

Are these examples more clear?

Regards,

Hervé