Another couple things to consider:

1. in Surefire, you should probably use the systemProperties to pass on system properties explicitly. Just a suggestion.

2. For actual system properties, it might be wiser to set them in MAVEN_OPTS instead of the mvn -D option. This is because Maven has deprecated the propagation of -D options into system properties, in order to make it a little friendlier for people trying to run multiple maven instances in a single JVM (without getting cross-pollution of sysprops).

Using MAVEN_OPTS (which IIRC you can set in Hudson), you can still specify '-Dsystem.property=foo' and have it work fine.

-john

edward eric pedersson wrote:
yes you are right.

It seems 2.4.3 of the plugin is broken but 2.4.2 works just fine.

will lock down the version is the pom.

thanks for your help