Hi,

Thanks to all the help from Nuno and Paul, I now have my low power Ubuntu box sending MMS (I'll look at receiving next, but I think the Sony [w880i] I'm using intercepts the WAP push messages before Kannel sees them).

In order to get it all working I had to add a small delay after starting PPP as Mbuni was trying to send the post before the routing was all up and running properly, so I have added the following just after the call to start ppp in mmsbox_mm1.c

          if (mm1->gprs_on)

               pid = start_gprs(mm1->gprs_on, mm1->gprs_pid);

               gwthread_sleep(3);   #<--- short pause to allow ppp to finish
setting up the connection

          if (pid<  0) {

               mms_warning(0, "mmsbox-mm1", NULL,"failed to start GPRS connection.
waiting...");

Now the feature request.

Would it be possible to add an argument to to the MMS submission to treat all media as local. e.g. if I put an image into a smil with a file:// URL then the content is sent to the MMSC, but if I start with http:// then only the URL is sent. I would like to be able to stage media on my internal network and have it forwarded as if it was content referenced as a file:// URL?

At the moment I'm copying the media to a mount on the machine running Mbuni, but I would like to be able to write an app that only talks http (client and server) and not need to copy the files.

Just a thought,

Thanks