Thanks Paul,

I just wanted to get clarified on that route, thought maybe I was missing
squid.

Coming back to the problem I got the point that it might be GPRS APN
problem, so trying to configure that part
in the mobile, I have the following configuration for MMSC

Is it correct to give <my public IP>/mms/mm1 in my mobile as mmsc settings
for the following configuration?

group = mbuni
name = "INSI_MMSC"
hostname = <my public IP>
hosalias =  <same as above>
local-prefixes = 0
storage-directory = /var/www/mms
max-send-threads = 1
send-mail-prog = /usr/sbin/sendmail -f '%f' '%t'
maximum-send-attempts = 2
default-message-expiry = 360000
queue-run-interval = 2
send-attempt-back-off = 2