*Thanks Nuno for your help,
*
*First thing is that the text I sent before is for receiving a mms, for that
you use the mmsbox exec, so I do not speak of the mmsc exec neither is
configuration file, but I do believe that you must use BOTH exec to be able
to send a mms (not really sure on this).*
*-> Need a confirmation from Paul B maybe because I don’t have any clue
about this.
*
For what is used the port parameter inside custom-settings -> *;port=13014;*?

*I am eating my brain out about that, worst is one of the few things I don’t
have any notes about.*

*-> Maybe Paul can answer to this as well*

Should I use *ppd call gprs* or *wvdial* ? should it provide the same result
ie a pppd connection to my operator ?

*In my opinion wvdial is a easy fast way a user control a gprs modem, and I
know that pppd looked scary at first, but after a few configurations you
will have a great tool that your mbuni will use with ease, and I recommend
you use the pppd script, the pppd mechanism saved me a few times already.***

*-> I will check for the ppd script but where can I found it? I remember I
saw pppd script on the internet, but maybe there is some scripts coming with
the pppd library in linux?***

2010-03-15 15:30:06 [28823] [13] INFO: *System error 2: No such file or
directory*

*I’ve came across that error a few times, but not in a command you are
doing. Are you executing mbuni with sudo(root permitions) ? Does
/var/spool/mbuni exist and has write permitions?***

*-> without sudo command, directly with root account***

*And Yes /var/spool.mbuni have the write permission (at least for root
account):

*

drwxr-x---.  5 root   root   4096 mars  15 15:21 mbuni

# ll /var/spool/mbuni/
total 12
-rw-r--r--.  1 root root    0 mars  15 15:21 mmsbox-cdr.asc
drwxr-x---. 38 root root 4096 mars  15 15:21 mmsbox_dlr
drwxr-x---. 38 root root 4096 mars  15 15:21 mmsbox_incoming
drwxr-x---. 38 root root 4096 mars  16 06:09 mmsbox_outgoing

In fact mbuni does not start shutting down smsc-id = at... can we
investiguate further ? how ? :(

*To this I may have a hint, you have a typo, either on the mail or the conf
file***

-> I don't understand, what is a typo, can you reformulate? (sorry for my
English)?

*Both commands must be addressed to the same port http://localhost:13001,
and check if 13001 is the admin-port on kannel conf file
**-> Yes I made a mistake, kannel admin-port is 13000 and I put 13001 in,
the mmsbox.conf file but Mbuni did not succeed to work until this part of
the process as it did not try to shutdown smsc in the log, I expected to see
some errors saying it can not access admin-port of Kannel. I have modified
my conf file as follow:
*

# Conf for MMSBox using a modem (MM1)
group = mmsc
id = nokiaphone
type = custom
custom-settings = "smsc-on=lynx -dump '
http://localhost:13000/start-smsc?password=******&smsc=nokiaphone'<http://localhost:13000/start-smsc?password=******&smsc=nokiaphone%27>
;\
 smsc-off=lynx -dump '
http://localhost:13000/stop-smsc?password=******&smsc=nokiaphone'<http://localhost:13000/stop-smsc?password=******&smsc=nokiaphone%27>
;\
 gprs-on=pppd call gprs;gprs-pid=cat /var/run/ppp0.pid|head
-1;port=13014;mmsc-url=http://mms.xxx.tld
/mmsc;proxy=192.168.xx.xx:3130;msisdn=100"
mmsc-library = /usr/local/lib/libmmsbox_mm1.so

 Thanks for your time, I really need to succeed to send a MMS through GPRS.

BTW Does anyone succeeded to do this before? Not only receiving a MMS
through GPRS I mean but also send one?

Regards,

Emmanuel

2010/3/15 Nuno Freitas <nuno.frei...@nabiasolutions.com>

>  Hi there Emmanuel,
>
> First thing is that the text I sent before is for receiving a mms, for that
> you use the mmsbox exec, so I do not speak of the mmsc exec neither is
> configuration file, but I do believe that you must use BOTH exec to be able
> to send a mms (not really sure on this).
>

> >One thing, I don't have the same version of libcurl:
> >
> >curl-7.19.7-7.fc12.i686
> >libcurl-7.19.7-7.fc12.i686
> >libcurl-devel-7.19.7-7.fc12.i686
> >
> >I have a newer version, is it a problem?
>
> I do not believe that would be a problem, and from the log at first glance
> there is no indication curl is the problem.
>

>             >I have several question to understand better how it should
> work:
>             >- For what is used the port parameter inside custom-settings
> -> *;port=13014;* ?
>
> I am eating my brain out about that, worst is one of the few things I don’t
> have any notes about.
>

> >- Should I use *ppd call gprs* or *wvdial* ? should it provide the same
> result ie a pppd connection to my operator ?
>
> In my opinion wvdial is a easy fast way a user control a gprs modem, and I
> know that pppd looked scary at first, but after a few configurations you
> will have a great tool that your mbuni will use with ease, and I recommend
> you use the pppd script, the pppd mechanism saved me a few times already.
>

> >- Is it normal to get the error:
> >     2010-03-15 15:30:06 [28823] [13] INFO: *System error 2: No such file
> or directory*
>
> I’ve came across that error a few times, but not in a command you are
> doing. Are you executing mbuni with sudo(root permitions) ? Does
> /var/spool/mbuni
> exist and has write permitions?
>
> *
> *>is it linked to the issue?
>
> I do not really know. I think mbuni creates a mms file before sending it,
> maybe it’s the write permitions that are doing this.**
>
> *
> *>- I do not see the smsc-id shutting down, why? because of a
> missconfiguration of mmsbox.conf? pppd or wvdial ?*
> *>
> >In fact mbuni does not start shutting down smsc-id = at... can we
> investiguate further ? how ? :(
>
> To this I may have a hint, you have a typo, either on the mail or the conf
> file
>
> >custom-settings = "smsc-on=lynx -dump '
> http://localhost:13000/start-smsc?password=******&smsc=nokiaphone'; \
>             >smsc-off=lynx -dump '
> http://localhost:13001/stop-smsc?password=******&smsc=nokiaphone'; \
> Both commands must be addressed to the same port* http://localhost:13001*,
> and check if 13001 is the admin-port on kannel conf file
>
> Example:
>
> group = core
>
> admin-port = 13001
>

> Hope to be of any help.
>
> Best regards
>
> Nuno Freitas

Emmanuel

CHANSON Emmanuel
Mobile Nouvelle-Calédonie: +687.77.35.02
Mobile France: +33 (0) 6.68.03.89.56
@email : emmanuelchan...@gmail.com