Valient Gough wrote:
Guys, your responses have been completely unhelpful.

I don't think so. In my original reply I told you why one of your command sequences was erroneous and asked you to check if that might also have been the problem with the other files. You never responded.

 http://mina.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/mina/2.0.0-M1/mina-2.0.0-M1.tar.bz2

As I mentioned in my original reply, this gets you the mirror selection page, not the actual tarball.

Seeing how easy it is to verify the problem, it is silly to hear
Tuure's vague assertions of user error.

How was I vague? I quite clearly stated that the only complete command sequence you mentioned in your original post would download the mirror selection page, and not teh actual tarball, and thus your original test was erronous.