newToMina wrote:
I totally agree with you that, determining the completeness of the xml
documents will be the trickiest part. What I have in mind right now is that
in the TextLineDecoder once I encounter the root end tag </message>, find
the total number of occurances of <message> & </message> tags. If both are
one then assume it is a valid xml document and pass it  for Java binding.
Otherwise log it notify the client about the invalid message. Am I missing
anything here?
Assuming you are using a TextLineDecoder, you will get full lines, which makes the XML parsing much easier. A line will either contain a full opening tag or closing tag, or some value, as soon as your XML decoder can deal with lines, it should be ok.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org