Maarten Bosteels wrote:
It's in the javadocs: " doDecode() is invoked repeatedly until it returns
false "

So there is no need to have a loop in your doDecode implementation for
decoding multiple messages.

http://mina.apache.org/report/trunk/apidocs/org/apache/mina/filter/codec/CumulativeProtocolDecoder.html#doDecode(org.apache.mina.core.session.IoSession,%20org.apache.mina.core.buffer.IoBuffer,%20org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolDecoderOutput)

Maarten

Thanks for the clarification, Maarten, my bad : we don't extend the CumulativeProtocolDecoder in Directory, thus my confusion. We *have* to loop on a buffer just because of that.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org