Hi All,
I have 2 questions about the way NioSocketAcceptor allocates and uses ports.

Background
We are using a 3rd party product (QuickFix/J) for client/server communication,
which in turn uses
MINA for network communication.  For server side communication, QuickFix/J is
instantiating a
NioSocketAcceptor for listening on a specified port.  We recently noticed an
issue where a large number
of additional ports are also being allocated when a NioSocketAcceptor is
instantiated.    We seem to
see around 10 'pairs' of ports allocated (20 total) with each instantiation.
As you can see in the sample
below, they seem to be in pairs, where they talk to each other. ??

  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State           PID
  TCP    127.0.0.1:55686        MYSYS:55687            ESTABLISHED     24976
  TCP    127.0.0.1:55687        MYSYS:55686            ESTABLISHED     24976
  TCP    127.0.0.1:55688        MYSYS:55689            ESTABLISHED     24976
  TCP    127.0.0.1:55689        MYSYS:55688            ESTABLISHED     24976

Note that the actual port being listened on is a different port altogether...
example: port 6073
I have searched for why this is occurring, but can't find any documentation on
it.

Questions
1) Why do 20 ports get allocated when a NioSocketAcceptor is instantiated?
1a) What is it using these ports for?

2) Is there a way to control this?   (or control the range it allocates from?)

Thanks,
Phil Hudson
Principal Software Engineer
Charles River Development, A State Street Company
700 District Avenue, Burlington, MA 01803 USA
Phone + 1 781 425 3805
crd.com<https://www.crd.com/>
Stay Connected:
[cid:image009.png@01D3682E.12305CA0]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/charles-river-development/>
 [cid:image010.png@01D3682E.12305CA0] <https://twitter.com/CRDChirp>
[cid:image011.png@01D3682E.12305CA0]
<https://www.youtube.com/user/CharlesRiverDev>
[cid:image012.png@01D3682E.12305CA0]
<https://www.facebook.com/CharlesRiverDev/>
[cid:image013.png@01D3682E.12305CA0]
<https://www.instagram.com/charlesriverdev/>

The information in this e-mail communication together with any attachments is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail communication, please notify us immediately. Any views expressed
in this e-mail communication are those of the individual sender, unless
otherwise specifically stated. Charles River Development does not represent,
warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus or interference.