It's possible if you were using serverSideTabSwitching=true that this
bug was fixed earlier this week.   Try it with a nightly build.   The
serverSideTabSwitching state was not being saveState'd.

Another possibility is that you're basing your actions on a
request-scoped bean that no longer exists on the next request.