Hi Sean,
Thank you! My ExtensionsFilter is hooked up properly. I checked it
again. Here are the entries from my web.xml. It used to work in previous
version without any problems what so ever. What else could have changed
in this version?
<!-- Faces Servlet -->
<servlet>
        <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.senior.servlet.SeniorFacesServlet</servlet-class>
                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<filter>
        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-
class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
        <param-value>20m</param-value>
        <description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
            Format: 10 - 10 bytes
                    10k - 10 KB
                    10m - 10 MB
                    1g - 1 GB
        </description>
    </init-param>
</filter>

        <!-- Filter Mappings -->
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <!-- servlet-name must match the name of your
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet entry -->
    <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
    </filter-mapping>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>