From: Mario Ivankovits [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 5 July 2006 6:06 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: EJB3.0 and Backing Beans Design

Hi!

I am not sure, if it is really required to separate the entities and the
view model. We use hibernate too, but directly use the entities in the
view.
This means, if one changes some data, we use the transparent mechanismn
of the persistence framework to have them persisted.

For sure, this requires you to - or say, it'll make things much easier -
use a application transaction or conversation.

For this there is e.g. JBoss Seam, or, if you would like to use a
lightweigt approach, the conversation tag in tomahawk sandbox.

So in the end there is no need to duplicate your entities and you can
make full use of your persistence framework including the versioning
stuff.

The conversation tag is a very young guy, but I'll help you out in
adapting it for your application - and fix remaining bugs for sure ;-) -
if you decide to use this stuff.

Ciao,
Mario

This correspondence is for the named persons only.
It may contain confidential or privileged information or both.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis transmission.
If you receive this correspondence in error please delete it from your system
immediately and notify the sender.
You must not disclose, copy or relay on any part of this correspondence, if you
are not the intended recipient.
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
except where the sender expressly,
and with the authority, states them to be the opinions of the Department of
Emergency Services, Queensland.