On 6/29/06, David Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just added Tomahawk 1.1.3 to my Maven2 build with:

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk</groupId>
        <artifactId>tomahawk</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.3</version>
</dependency>

And it suddenly added Struts-1.2.8 to my .war file.  The tomahawk-1.1.3.pom
file lists Struts like so:

<dependency>
        <groupId>struts</groupId>
        <artifactId>struts</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.8</version>
        <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

What kind of dependency is that?  I couldn't find anything in the Wiki about
it as some kind of Tomahawk 1.1.3 upgrade dependencies.

Thanks for reporting this.  It's fixed on the 1.1.4 branch by marking
the Struts dependency 'optional'.
 http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-517

I can understand
Shale for the "test" segment but it is ALSO getting packaged by Maven2 in my
.war file:

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.struts.shale</groupId>
        <artifactId>shale-test</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.2</version>
        <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

Is this still happening after 'mvn clean' ?  'mvn package -X' will
show you the dependency graph.  With shale-test in tes scope, Maven
should not be including it in the webapp.

Thanks,
--
Wendy