t:dataList allows you more fine grained control over the display.

On 6/5/07, ncheltsov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am not sure, that I fully understand your question, but I think, that
h:dataTable element is not intended
for such use. You can display with it some tabular information, set
header and footer and apply some visual cosmetic.
That's all. Consider using other  component.

P.S. Of course  I can be wrong. I will be glad someone to correct me :)