A few and questions:
- Generally speaking, we don't extend CoreInputText, we just
 re-extend UIXInput.  The metadata system supports "includes"
 for generation, so you don't have to cut-and-paste that much.
 One good reason, in this case, is that I assume that this
 component doesn't support <TEXTAREA>, just <INPUT> -
 so you don't want "rows" or "wrap".
- I'd love to see this as a converter or validator tag that can be
 added to an ordinary af:inputText.  We'd need a bit of beefing
 up of our client-side code JS framework for validators, but
 that'd be worthwhile.
- What's the server-side model look like?  E.g., when you
  have (999)999-9999, does your bean see strings like
  (415)555-1212, or do you get 4155551212?  Is there server-side
  validation to double-check the mask was applied?
- If this is a component, I think CoreInputTextMasked might
 be clearer, if the property is named "mask".

-- Adam