If I were going to disable and reset a large number of
components, I'd probably do so by walking the entire
UIComponent tree from the UIViewRoot, performing "instanceof
UIXEditableValue" and calling setDisabled(true) and resetValue() on
each instance.  If you needed to restrict it to a subtree, you
could use one "binding" and walk down from that parent;
if you needed something more tailored, I'd consider adding
f:attribute to tag the ones that need to be reset.

The code you've written scares me a bit - I've
no idea why the StateManager call should affect
anything, unless perhaps if you're using server-side
state saving?

-- Adam