Or, to put this another way, I don't think that debugging MyFaces is
going to help you find the error.   While it's possible that there's
some subtle edge case in MyFaces causing this error, I think the first
thing to check is that the expected submitted form value pairs in the
html generated match the actual submitted form value pairs in the
generated html once it is submitted.    That's why the general causes
of this error are things that happen after JSF generates the page but
before JSF processes the results of submitting the page --
javascript-induced changes, ajax-induced changes, cache-induced
changes, etc.