Hi Christopher, I've got the same problem, and I couldn't solve it even
session-scopin my backing bean.
I even tried to create the HTMLDataTable - Bean binding in the bean itself,
as suggested elsewhere, but I didn't manage to have my commandlink working;
so I'd like to have your workaround, if possible.

Thanks in Advance,
Niccolò Francini.