Hello Jakob,

Here is the generated HTML of (a part of) a search form. It includes a
"Bigger than/smaller than" field that was bound to an int in my Java code.

The binding was not working anymore, untill I modified the setter of the
attribute to take a String and converted to an int afterwards (just as a
quick way of testing if a String binding would work).

I then changed several other bindings similar to this one to use Strings,
and the app seems to run way better now :-) but anyway further testing
will be necessary.

HTML:

                <label class="iceOutLbl bold"
for="searchForm:aValueToFilter" id="searchForm:_id1075">Label of the value
to filter</label>

                        <select style="" class="iceSelOneMnu"
id="searchForm:valueToFilterOperator"
name="searchForm:valueToFilterOperator"
                                onblur="setFocus('');"
onfocus="setFocus(this.id);" size="1">
                          <option value="1">Bigger than or equal
to</option>
                          <option value="-1">Smaller than/option>
                        </select>

                        <input style="" class="iceInpTxt"
id="searchForm:aValueToFilter" name="searchForm:aValueToFilter"
                          onblur="setFocus('');"
onfocus="setFocus(this.id);" onkeypress="iceSubmit(form,this,event);"
onmousedown="this.focus();"
                          size="15" value="" type="text">
                        <label class="iceOutLbl" id="searchForm:_id1079">
unit of the value to filter</label>

Does it help?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Best regards,

Sébastien

Jakob Korherr <jakob.korh...@gmail.com>
Sent by: sethfromaust...@gmail.com

01.03.2010 17:50
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>

MyFaces Discussion <users@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Trouble upgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.7

Can you provide some generated HTML (not JSP!!), which includes components
that do not work. This could be a great help!

Regards,
Jakob

2010/3/1 <s.pen...@lombardodier.com>

> Hello,
>
> My guess is that the problem is more general than just a javascript
issue.

> In my previous message, I gave the "form submit" situation only as an
> example. The problem actually touches more than just this: I cannot sort
> my table content by clicking on one column header, I cannot switch from
> StackPanel to another, etc...
>
> By searching a little bit further, I found out that the values that I
used
> in combo boxes to show a "greater or smaller" choice (for example, age
> greater or smaller than 30) are not bound to their java counterpart
> anymore. For example:
>
> <ice:selectOneMenu value="#{someController.filter.ageOperator}" id=
> "ageOperator">
>  <f:selectItem itemValue="1" itemLabel="#{msg.search_filter_greater}" />
>  <f:selectItem itemValue="-1" itemLabel="#{msg.search_filter_less}" />
> </ice:selectOneMenu>
>
> This menu was bound to a Java integer as follows:
>
> private int ageOperator;
>
> With 1.1.7, the value is not bound anymore. I needed to change the type
of
> the attribute in my Java class to String for the binding to work again.
Is

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10600&fixfor=12312310&sorter/field=summary&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=resolution&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=status&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC