Donn Aiken wrote:
Joachim --

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Joachim Schrod<jsch...@acm.org>  wrote:

 Donn Aiken wrote:

 On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Joachim Schrod<jsch...@acm.org>   wrote:

 Donn, thanks, but that doesn't quite cover my situation.

   When one uses extension mapping and Facelets, the popup dialog of a basic
 requested
  resource (/CONTEXT/__ADFv__) is not available".

  This is known since July 2007:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-119
  A patch exists since July 2008, revised in July 2009. (But I don't want
  wait until July 2010 for the next activity. :-)

  I just did a servlet mapping like this:

   <servlet-mapping>
     <url-pattern>/__ADFv__*</url-pattern>
     <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

 Ugly, but it seems to work fine under Tomcat.

 As I wrote above, I use extension mapping, i.e., my URIs have an extension
 .jsf and not a prefix /faces/. And sadly

  <servlet-mapping>
    <url-pattern>/__ADFv__*</url-pattern>
    <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

 doesn't work, the popup request still returns a 404 response.
 (It's an interesting question why not, as this request is passed to the
 MyFaces Servlet, but somehow Trinidad doesn't get a hold on it, while it
 succeeds when using the filter. Really strange.)

Is it a problem to have both *.jsf and /faces configured?  Another approach
I have used successfully is to fix it up with a servlet filter.  But I did
use a sendRedirect to  /faces/__ADFv__ url pattern rather than /__ADFv__

/faces URI requests don't ever happen in my configuration, also no "/faces/__ADFv__". It is definitively the case that just "/__ADFv__" (+ leading context + query string) URIs are requested -- I traced the network traffic to check them.

Fixing with a servlet filter is the patch in JIRA issue TRINIDAD-119 that I wrote of above. This works, maybe with minor adaptions.

It seems I wasn't clear enough: I have a workaround, it works for me. I don't look for a solution for my application, I want to know about the future of that workaround -- is it the solution, will it be an "official workaround", or will it stay as a patch in JIRA that useres have to search for.

Thus, my question were/are:
 -- Is there a real fix upcoming?
    Maybe all dev work is in 2.0 and nobody cares for 1.2
    any more.
 -- Or shouldn't such a filter be folded in the distribution
    meanwhile?
 -- Or at least be mentioned in the Wiki, to save others the time
    to search for that problem's workaround?

Maybe that makes it clearer.

        Joachim

Joachim Schrod                          Email: jsch...@acm.org
Roedermark, Germany