I use basic jsf, I avoid anything too fancy as it'll most likely break on
some browser.

If I want something with a funky layout I write my own custom component.

There's tons of JSF haters out there and it's not perfect, but... find me
something better (both technically and standards/supported wise). Right now
the best alternative I know of is plain jsp. I'd rather use plain jsp than
most other frameworks out there.

--
Ted.