Action based vs component based is a frequently discussed topic and you can
probably find many resources arguing for one or the other.

I really like JSF but I am still curious about stuff like this. For example
if I want to use a third part javascript library for special corner cases
it might be a good thing?

I don't know but I'm very interested in others opinions.

Thomas, useful for you?