Hi

It is in the spec, it should work.

There is some code in
org.apache.myfaces.el.unified.ResolverBuilderForFaces that deals with
this:

        if (STATIC_FIELD_EL_RESOLVER_CLASS != null &&
            GET_STREAM_EL_RESOLVER_METHOD != null)
        {
            try
            {
                ELResolver streamElResolver = (ELResolver)
GET_STREAM_EL_RESOLVER_METHOD.invoke(
                        getRuntimeConfig().getExpressionFactory());
                if (streamElResolver != null)
                {
                    // By default return null, but in a EL 3
implementation it should be there,
                    // this is just to avoid exceptions in junit testing
                    list.add(streamElResolver);
                }
                list.add((ELResolver)
STATIC_FIELD_EL_RESOLVER_CLASS.newInstance());
            }

The code checks for javax.el.StaticFieldELResolver class and
ExpressionFactory.getStreamELResolver(...) method before
add both EL resolvers.

If MyFaces jars cannot locate these classes, the EL resolvers
are not loaded (because it assumes EL < 3.0), and the
described behavior will happen.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe