On Aug 7, 2008, at 6:48 AM, rde8026 wrote:

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried using the fully qualified path and I get
the same exception -

Failed to startup an embedded broker:
openejb:xbean:(D:/opt/openejb-3.0/lib/activemq.xml)? persistent=false, due to: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Could
not resolve bean definition resource pattern
[(D:/opt/openejb-3.0/lib/activemq.xml)?persistent=false]; nested exception
is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
[(D:/opt/openejb-3.0/lib/] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not
exist

I'm curious do you know if anyone has successfully gotten this to work or is
it a bug?  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I think I've tried this before, but I could be imagining things. Looking at the exception though, it seems that we might need to make the path a valid URL. Try this one:

  file:///D:/opt/openejb-3.0/lib/activemq.xml

If that doesn't work, post your activemq.xml (or some version of it) and I'll give it a try.

If that *does* work, then we can add examples as well as wrap this activemq functionality with something that tries harder to make things work and gives a better error message when they can't.

-David