On Aug 12, 2008, at 9:28 AM, endium wrote:

Thanks for this David! For some reason, I didn't get an email notifying me of
your reply. I am trying to implement this right now. Was the maven
configuration for openejb changed at all? This may be an unrelated problem, but since today it doesn't seem that maven is correctly identifying all of
the dependencies. I am getting this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/openejb/loader/ OpenEJBInstance
        at
org .apache .openejb .client .LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:59)
        at
org .apache .openejb .client .LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:51)
        at
org .apache .openejb .client .LocalInitialContextFactory .getInitialContext(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:40) at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java: 667)

I just ran into this error myself trying to reproduce a different issue. It seems the maven 2 snapshot repo got corrupted on people.apache.org. I've just finished rebuilding the openejb section of the repo and things look much better now. You may need to remove part of your local maven repo (the "repository/org/apache/openejb" part) to get a clean build from the snapshots.

One way to try without having to delete anything is to build with a temporary "empty" repo like so:

 $ mkdir temp-repo
 $ mvn clean install -Dmaven.repo.local=temp-repo

-David