On Oct 8, 2008, at 12:37 PM, Zog wrote:

I installed the openejb.war in tomcat-6.0.18 and my ear as a collapsed ear. When I lookup objects in the JNDI tree, I realized that I can freely look up injected resources (I use the <resource-ref> in ejb-jar.xml for ex for data
sources),
but non injected are failing - is this normal ?
Specifically, one of my ejb is doing
InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(); // Properly initialized with the
OpenEJB ICfactory
ic.lookup("openejb/TransactionManager");
and this always throws a NameNotFoundException.

Hmm.  If it was created with the LocalInitialContextFactory as so..

properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory");

 InitialContext initialContext = new InitialContext(properties);

Then it should definitely work.  If it was done as so...

 InitialContext initialContext = new InitialContext();

Then I'm not as confident that it will work. We have code in the integration to add the "openejb" subcontext into the webapp's jndi context, or so I thought. I added code along these lines, but it's been while and I can't recall the details. Maybe in this second case you have to lookup "java:openejb/TransactionManager".

Can you verify which technique you are using?

-David