On Oct 9, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Bernhard Humm wrote:

init:
deps-jar:
compile:
compile-test:
Testsuite: org.superbiz.calculator.CalculatorTest
Apache OpenEJB 3.0    build: 20080408-04:13
http://openejb.apache.org/
INFO - openejb.home = C:\temp\NetBeans\OpenEJBTest
INFO - openejb.base = C:\temp\NetBeans\OpenEJBTest
INFO - Configuring Service(id=Default Security Service,
type=SecurityService, provider-id=Default Security Service)
INFO - Configuring Service(id=Default Transaction Manager,
type=TransactionManager, provider-id=Default Transaction Manager)
INFO - Configuring Service(id=Default JDK 1.3 ProxyFactory,
type=ProxyFactory, provider-id=Default JDK 1.3 ProxyFactory)
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Time elapsed: 5,234 sec

It doesn't look like the app is getting discovered with the way it's setup in NetBeans. OpenEJB will search for directories or jars containing a META-INF/ejb-jar.xml file and load those directories and jars as individual ejb jars. We have NetBeans users, so I know it's capable of putting both the classes and the META-INF/ejb-jar.xml in the same directory so that OpenEJB can discover them together as an app. We just need to figure out what might be happening with this particular setup.

Run this in your test case and see if your classpath is setup right. There should be a META-INF/ejb-jar.xml file in any directories that contain ejb classes that should be deployed by OpenEJB.

Enumeration<URL> ejbJars = this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResources("META-INF/ejb-jar.xml");
        while (ejbJars.hasMoreElements()) {
            URL url = ejbJars.nextElement();
            System.out.println("app = " + url);
        }