Hi Maxime,

It should be possible to put the service.jar in the Tomcat lib/ directory without a persistence.xml in it and then include that persistence xml in your webapp. You should be able to include a <jar- file> element in the unit declaration that points to the C:/tomcat6/ lib/service.jar so all the entities will be discovered without having to explicitly list them via the <class> element. You'd have to include the same persistence.xml in each webapp that wanted to reuse the classes in service.jar.

Not entirely sure though if that's really what you're after. We don't currently have any support for "global" persistence units. Meaning say a persistence unit declared outside of an ear at server level and available to all ears/apps deployed. It might be something we could add if that's really what you're after.

-David