On Oct 21, 2008, at 7:00 PM, suhaas wrote:

At this point in time, I have drilled down the problem to Spring 2.0 and
OpenEJB 3.0 integration.

As mentioned in the original problem statement older application (without OpenEJB) is using JSF -> backing bean -> service locator flow to call a DAO
implementaion which is composed of HibernateTemplate (
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate ).

Hi Suhaas,

As part of the OpenEJB 3.1 release we added some Spring integration code that should help to sew things together. We consider it a prototype and will be relying heavily on feedback to improve it. I've created an example which helps to show how it works.

  http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/spring-ejb-and-jpa.html

We've also rewritten this page to detail some of the new functionality.

  http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/spring.html

For use in a webapp, you won't want to use the ClassPathApplication or Application beans. For this first iteration you'll have to use the org.apache.openejb.spring.EJB bean to import the beans you want to make available to Spring. We would like to fix things up so the same "automatic" behavior works the same way in all settings; embedded, standalone, in tomcat. So the beans ClassPathApplication and Application will likely be deprecated and replaced with something that does exactly that.

Anyway, give it a look over and try some things out. We are definitely open to feature requests on this functionality.

-David