On Oct 29, 2008, at 3:58 AM, Bernhard Humm wrote:

thanks a lot for your response. I have installed the new release. However, I still can't find database values on disk. All JUnit test cases that create and retrieve entity beans run fine (OpenEJB is really a great product :-)).
In my NetBeans project there is a path with HSQL database files:
C:\temp\NetBeans\LibraryX\tmp\testing\data\hsqldb\hsqldb.*
However, after running the test cases, the files don't seem to be touched (old file date). I can connet to this database from the NetBeans database
viewer:
Database URL:
jdbc:hsqldb:file:/temp/NetBeans/LibraryX/tmp/testing/data/hsqldb/ hsqldb
Driver  : org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
Schema: PUBLIC
Product:        HSQL Database Engine
User:   sa
Password: ""
Database product name:  HSQL Database Engine
Database product version:       1.8.0

However, there are no current values.
To my surpise, the database contained tables and values from earlier tests. But the values were not updated by current tests. After deleting the tables,
they were not re-created.

If there were values from older tests that's a good sign. Figuring out why new updates aren't showing up may be a process of elimination. I suspect that the issue may be what I mentioned previously that I'm not sure more than one VM (i.e. more than on "hsql") can be using the HSQL database files at the same time. So if the Netbeans database viewer is running while the test is running, that might be the issue.

One simple test would be to write a test case that uses the java.sql.DriverManager and JDBC directly to add and update a table (any made up table), then see if you can see it in the NetBeans database viewer.

-David