On Dec 30, 2008, at 3:51 AM, Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez wrote:

Well, my problem is not really configuring the default (or unauthenticated)
username, but it's roles.

We should already be adding a role of the same name so that people could do as you demonstrate below. I've checked the code to be sure and it looks like that is the case.

I'd like to annotate EJB methods like this:

@RolesAllowed({"public", "broker"})
public void x() {}

@RolesAllowed({"public", "admin"})
public void y() {}

@RolesAllowed("admin")
public void z() {}

I tried this out in embedded mode using "guest" instead of "public" and it worked fine. Should work the same way in Tomcat.

Give the code above a try in Tomcat but with "guest" in the RolesAllowed instead of "public". If that works as I suspect, than making the change to allow the default username to be changed should do the trick.

-David