Again an interesting solution. Although, as I wrote previously, I intend to
store the whole object and therefore don't need to keep track of what has
changed. I intend to do a JSON diff when viewing the audit log in the GUI
instead.

Your approach does, however, very elegantly solve the problem of how to
store the audit log in the database with JPA since you actually store it in
the object itself.

/Bengt