Hi

I use something like this

@PersistentCollection
    private List<String> subEntries = new LinkedList<String>();

Can also be used for String arrays. I think that PersistentCollection is JPA
specific, but there is a annotaion called ElementCollection, from the 2.0
spec. See this thread[1] for more info

[1]
http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/ElementCollection-and-PersistentCollection-td4737753.html