I have an Oracle 10g database and in the JEE application I use
OpenJPA-1.2.3-SNAPSHOT (which is shipped with IBM WebSphere 7 application
server). I'm loading 60.000 rows from a table with some booleans, strings,
numbers and timestamps. Nothing big and no blobs and things like that. The
generation of the corresponding JPA entities takes 24 seconds. This is very
long in my opinion. Is there any possibility to tune and speed things up
considerably? I think 60.000 entities should not be that much data so I have
to get a cup of coffee every time I trigger the select...

Do you have any hints for me in order to increase performance? Thank you!

P.S.: Unfortunately I can't upgrade to JPA 2.0, only JPA 1.0 features
allowed.