areider wrote:

> Any other major concerns with OSIV?  I'm interested in any success stories
> using managed entities in the web tier and/or solutions to the issues
> raised above, as well as any cites in the literature or the spec that
> support the OSIV pattern as a best practice for addressing the detachment
> 'problem'.

Spring offers an impl of the OSIV pattern as a HTTP request filter since
version 2.0, so I think it is kind of proven by usage:
http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/api/org/springframework/orm/jpa/support/OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.html

Right now, we are adding Spring to our own application framework and we will
evaluate the above mentioned Spring solution.

Best regards,
Tobias