Mike,
> I don't think we've done much (any) experimentation with slice + Tomcat's
> connection pool.
If a normal single-unit JPA can use Tomcat's connection pool, then a slice
should as well (at least in theory:).

Slice does not make any special arrangements for connection, it merely uses
JDBCConfiguration for each slice and somehow stitches up all the
configurations into a single DistributedConfiguration so that the client
(i.e. EntityManager or Broker) continue to function as if it is connected to
a single (albeit virtual) database.

So in case theory does not work in practice (which theories seldom do), the
cost of repair is not high.

Thanks for updating the manual.

-----
Pinaki Poddar