On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Urmas <davian...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Apache OpenOffice project is planning a "brand refresh" for our
>> next major release, Apache OpenOffice 4.0. As part of this effort we
>> are looking to update our logo.
>
> And there was no better ideas that copycatting MSO 4-tile logo, metro'izing
> it and throwing in some chicken feathers? The whole gallery save 1-2 images
> is like that.
>
> With all those donations one could suppose a real designer will be employed
> to create a keystone image. Unless someone is planning to get it off soon and
> not invest in it targeting next decade or more.

Thanks.  It is always good to get the LibreOffice perspective on this.

But with nearly 4000 responses to the survey so far I think it shows
that many thought it worth their effort to participate in the survey
in a constructive way.  This is good.   We were happy to accept logo
contributions from anyone.  We didn't ask for their C.V. first.
That's the nature of open source:  we're open.   Of course, not all of
the logos will make it on to the second round.

Regards,

-Rob