On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:47:49 -0000, Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> Please look at the following document, which has been generated by a
> converter provided by org[1]
>
> It contains tables which whose text cannot be selected via select all.
> If there is something wrong with the odt, please tell me and I will
> report it on the org mailing list.

notwithstanding dave's comment, the odt seems either defective or incompatible
with aoo (which may be aoo's fault as well). more specifically, the tables are
quite lonely within their sections. they have no text before them, nor after.
such a document can't be created by usual means of aoo, and thus it isn't
handled as expected. e.g., you can't type anything after the second table or
after the first one within its section, because there're no empty paragraphs
after the tables to take your input. you can't even peform select-all operation
manually (with a mouse rather than through ctrl+a). it seems that the select
operation uses contents of the <text:p> elements to set boundaries of the
selection. so, if there's no such element, then select-all doesn't work
properly.

to fix this, i inserted the following two paragraphs into content.xml of your
file:

<text:p text:style-name="OrgTableContentsLeft">some text after the first
table</text:p>
<text:p text:style-name="OrgTableContentsLeft">some text after the second
table</text:p>

they follow the closing tags (</table:table>) of tables. there appeared to be
no way to do it through gui.

after that select-all worked almost smoothly: it selected the cell on the first
press, the table on the second one and everything on the third one. what was
wrong is that it always started with the cell, even when the caret was outside
table.

however, inserting a paragraph before each table fixed this. it didn't require
editing content.xml. the final version of the file is attached, and i hope it
won't be attenuated by antispam.

i can't say on which program's account this bug is. consulting odf
specification may help answer this question.