Maybe, I'm an anomaly here, but I've never had any of these issues at all.
Generally, I work on a MacBook Air with the current up to date OS. I do also
create PDFs so that I can work on documents on my iPhone in Pages. Using the
iPhone is usefully for last minute work for me.

I've thought about good version options for other iOS devices such as the iPad
Air which I intend to purchase. I work scrips and other technical documents so
it is essential for me to use best practices to prevent loss of work.

Sent from my iPhone