From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 2:09 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: sending resume using open office

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM, James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com> wrote:
> jcish...@suddenlink.net wrote:
>> To whom it may concern,
>> My name is John, I have been using open office for some time now and fine
it as good or better than windows office.
>> I have a problem with  AOO, every time I send a resume to a potential
>> employer, it always comes back.  What is the problem I am having ?  I
always need to move to the laptop, where I have saved Word for this occasion
and then send the document.
Thank you.  John   Please reply to jcish...@suddenlink.net
> Are you saving in .doc format?  Many employers are clueless about the
> .odt format that's default in OO.
>
>> Thank you and may God Bless
>>

> Many people, myself included, find expressions of religious delusion
> offensive.

We need to stop this, now.  Supporting OpenOffice users is challenging
enough without also trying to resolve all outstanding questions in religion,
science, politics, and the proper status of disco music ;-)

I cannot guarantee that this list will be an offense-free zone, since there
are some pretty weird things to be offended about.  But I will work to make
the list be free of off-topic disruptions that waste everyone's time.  We
need to appreciate that there are over 500 subscribers to this list, and we
need to avoid sending time-killing posts that do not advance the purpose of
the list:  answering questions from users related to Apache OpenOffice.

Thanks, everyone, for your understanding!

-Rob, Your Friendly List Moderator