First of all your question was not very clear.

On 4-3-2014 12:58, Susan Wiebusch wrote:
I wish that I hadn't downloaded this program to begin with.  It has produced
nothing but problems.  Example, when I type a date in word or Excel, it
stubbornly defaults to numbers  i.e.2/5/14.  I may have a situation where I
want the words.  Another example is in Excel.  In Word, I can go to the top and
make the appropriate click so that I get an automatic ,.  It is maddening.
You have chosen to download OpenOfice without knowing how it support your demands.
The person helping me on the phone when I bought this program (not knowing that
I wasn't just buying word)  led me through steps to have the default program to
be Open Office.  I assume that there are steps have the default program be Word
and Excel again.
OpenOffice has no phone support, so why don't you go back to the person that gave you bad advice in the first place? Also OpenOffice is free so why did you pay for something that you can get for free?

Background - The reason that I bought it was that I had a crash and had to
download my stuff from Carbonite.  For awhile, Word was absent so I went on
line to order it.  That is when I bought Open Office when all I wanted was word
again.  I didn't realize that it was going to produce problems until the above
problems kept occurring.
OpenOffice don't produce problems, but users starting using applications without a basic knowledge are causing the problems.

So, quite simply, how do I change the default back to the old Word program?  If
it can be done one way there should be an easy way to undo it.  BTW, the
Command click you mentioned didn't work.
Please go back to Carbonite and ask them.

Susan

P.S.  How about a phone number so I can quickly resolve this.  A real person on
the phone helped me download this program and this is when the default to Open
Office was done.
The phone number of Carbonite is: 877-222-5488.