On 05/03/2014 rr...@aol.com wrote:
I am trying to  get spell check to work.  I have twice downloaded
OpenOffice  4.01 operating under Windows 7.  The extensions window shows
nothing, so
I downloaded the dict-en application.  It will not  load  in.  I get the
following error message:
C:\users\elf\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packag
es\sv2eisyr.tmp_\dict-en.oxt   does not exist.

Rename your user profile. You needn't download any additional dictionaries, once you start with a clean profile the English dictionary will be restored. See https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66052

Regards,
  Andrea.