paulcollins wrote:
> Hello Fellow AOO users,
>
> Following recent 'HD erasure and OS X reinstall’ ordeals, I reinstalled
> AOO 4.0.1 on my iMac, running Mac OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks (by name AND
> nature, it seems).
>
> As the user (in Thailand) below’s example explains, I too get that
> “Don’t Reopen’ OR “Reopen” window appearing.  Clicking on EITHER button
> does absolutely nothing, other than “Reopen” button is highlighted
> AGAIN.  Even "Open Office/Quit Open Office” drop down menu is inactive.
>
> To break the loop into which AOO puts itself, I must leave the
> UNCLOSEABLE AOO open, go to “Finder” (on the Desktop) and select
> "Finder/Force Quit” and select OpenOffice and click “Force Quit”, twice.
>
> When unusable OpenOffice launches, behind the loop window shown second
> below appears the “OpenOffice Document Recovery” window.  The
> IRREPLACEABLE file containing my Software Licence Serial Numbers ( all
> of which I must reinstall on my erased Mac HD) is corrupted and FAILED
> to recover.
>

> Effectively, Open Office is unusable until this problem is solved.
>
> Can anyone help, please?
>
> In anticipation of your generous advice, I am
>
> Yours faithfully, Paul Collins.

You need to delete the folder "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is
in the "Saved Application State" folder in your User/Library.

See this post on the user forum for detailed instructions:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931

Known bug listed in the release notes, with solution for the problem.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.0.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

Dave