From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.sch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 1:04 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Warning: [Was Re: How Do I Get Rid of Searchconduit?

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:48 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 18:19:42 +0000
> Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:27:14 -0700
> > Bernie H <bjhade...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It seems Apache OpenOffice has "deposited" this search engine on
> > > my computer, along with Mysearchdial. I don't want or need either
> > > one of
> these
> > > annoyances. Please advise how I can kill them both, as I've tried
> delete
> > > Mysearchdial from Internet Options (where it highjacked my home
> page!), but
> > > can't find either program listed so I can uninstall them. Thanks.
> >
> > Details on removal are given at
> >
> http://www.malwareremovalguides.info/start-mysearchdial-com-removal-gu
> ide/
> >
> > and at
> > http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-conduit-search-malware/
> >

> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
>
> The two sites I pointed to in an attempt to help this user clear
> mysearchdial are unfortunately bogus. They resolve to commercial links
> and may be part of an extended mysearchdial scam. Do bot access them
> in any attempt to remove mysearchdial.
>
> I suggest using Malwarebytes and Adaware to remove the malware, then a
> remote virus scan using housecall from trendmicro.
> I leave the location of these sites to the users. Google is your friend.
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>

This is at least the second incident we've had reported regarding
"mysearchdial". I tried to assist someone with getting rid of this also a
while back.

It would be nice to know how this "malware" is originated -- from what
download, etc.

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,  for they are
unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason