L.S.
Today I got a message-screen that invited me to update my Apache_OpenOffice
software.
I was directed to a site where I could download the new version, either
OpenOffice 4.0.1 or OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta. I did not check the site's name and
address where I have been directed to.
I chose for the 4.0.1 version. The result was a downloaded file named
Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Win_x86_install_nl (source: sourceforge.net, size
136.460 kB) which I have run.

Just below the button for starting the download process there was a message to
invite me to download and use RegClean, in order to improve my computer's
performance. I did that, resulting in a download of a file named
rcpsetupmarm_marm454012189nl from systweak.com, which I executed.
I am afraid that was not such a good idea, in fact I thought I could trust that
tool because it seemed to be promoted by your project.
After installing and running that RegClean, I got a message that hundreds of
errors where detected, and I decided to not let that program fix these, and
removed the RegClean program. But after that now I get several alerts from my
Security Suit (from Norman), that Trojan horses are detected. As far as
possible I asked Norman to remove them, but some could only be quarantained.

Now, checking my Apache OpenOffice software for version, I see that it says the
version is 4.0.0 (so not 4.0.1, which I would have expected to be installed).
Going to your site https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html, if I choose
for "Download Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1" I see I redirected to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.1/binaries/nl/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Win_x86_install_nl.exe/download,
downloading and saving seems to give the same file
Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Win_x86_install_nl (source: sourceforge.net, size
136.460 kB).
After running this setup again, the button I previously had attached to the
Windows toolbar has disappeared, and starting OpenOffice again I now see that
it is version 4.0.1.

I don't know what, of the thing I reported here, seems to be OK and what not.
But, if it seems to be OK, I am still not happy with the advertisment for
RegClean. And also the redirection from your site to a site called
"sourceforge.net" to getting downloads is a move I don't like very much.

I would like to know what you think of all this, and if I should restart my PC
from the factory settings, thus removing everything, an action I would not like
very much.

Regards,
Lex Abels